Sunday, February 03, 2008

Liveblogging the Super Bowl (2nd Half)

Would it be crazy to say Wes Welker is more important to the Patriots than Randy Moss?

Terminator vs. Fox Sports robot? That was cool.

You can review the number of players on the field? I thought that fell under unreviewable plays.

That commercial for Wall-E actually got me kind of interested in the film. I'm sure he's not as cool as Johnny 5 though.

I love play-action early down by the goal line.

What's a zombie doing on the Giants sideline?

14-10 Patriots? Game over man, game over.

Plaxiiiiicoooo!!!!

Okay, I was wrong earlier. Is it ironic that the Giants just played the role of David? Welcome to history Patriots, you're a footnote.

Classy move by Belichick to leave before the game is over. That's downright Moss-like.

I'm no NFL expert, but I'm going to guess brothers have never won consecutive Super Bowls.

Congratulations to the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants.

1 comment:

Ump said...

Wall-E was a total rip off of Johnny 5. Best line in "Short Circuit" is when Johnny 5 calls a guy a "craphead."

I wasn't rooting for the Patriots per se, I was rooting to see history made in my lifetime. I will never see a team run the table. I was really hoping to see that in my short lifespan. Plus, the Dolphins have really annoyed me over the years. Do I really like the fact that Barry Bonds broke the homerun record? No, but what I do like is the fact such a milestone record was broken in my lifetime. I'm not a history buff, but I do relish the idea of being a part of sports history.

I wasn't really rooting for the Giants because I think Eli sucks and I can't fathom a 6 loss team being a "champion." I'm sorry, you're just not. 1 freakin' win shouldn't make up for 6 losses. Peyton is a 100 times better QB than Eli, yet had to wait 9 years before he won. Eli sucks. Slap in the face to the work Peyton had to go through. Eli never had to battle the teams Peyton has...Steelers, Chargers, Jags, and numerous Patriot teams.