Wednesday, February 20, 2008

?

Does anyone watch SportsCenter anymore? I certainly don't. I can't even get through the intro after PTI is over. It's so sensational and hyperbolic I just can't stomach it. For example, yesterday the anchor mentioned Kobe's "transcendant" abilities in one of the teasers. Really? Transcendant? I don't think that word means what he thinks it means. Was it always this bad? Was I just insulated because I usually watched the morning version? Has ESPN become MTV for the sports crowd?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rarely ever watched the 6pm SC. I was usually never home or around to get it at that time. But, it always seemed too newsy to me. Seemed too much like a CNN or Nightly News program. I always preferred the 11pm or morning re-runs. But, I haven't seen SC in a long time.

Signed,

The poor married guy