Saturday, February 02, 2008

Groundhog Day!

Okay, campers, rise and shine, and don't forget your booties 'cause it's cooooold out there today.

Well, brace yourself for another six weeks of winter. Or not. It depends on which groundhog you think has the best prognostication skills. Punxsutawney Phil predicts more winter. Gen. Beauregard Lee predicts that spring will come soon. Woody of the Howell Nature Center also predicts that spring is on the way, and also predicted the Patriots would win the Super Bowl. No word on Punxsutawney Phil and Gen. Beauregard Lee's picks for the big game.

This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather.

2 comments:

Ump said...

I shamefully admit that I haven't watched the obligatory "Groundhog's Day" movie...yet. Since tonight is the third annual Tecmo Super Bowl tournament, I might have to post-pone the movie until tomorrow.

Wow, can anyone believe it's already February.

I've also been spending more time watching the first season of MacGyver...which so far kinda blows. Poor acting and weak plots. But, it was their first season. I'll give them a break and keep watching.

Forgive me, but I didn't know what an alpaca was, until I check wikipedia. I also didn't read the article.

Stack said...

Perhaps a picture of an alpaca was in order.