Monday, February 25, 2008

Great idea, Teach

Here is another wonderful idea by my Stats teacher. This is an email that was sent to him that he sent to everyone in class:


Dear all,

If you are teaching a class which is likely to have math majors who are NOT graduating this semester, please read on.

The email below describes an interesting housing opportunity for student clubs. Students (through a club, say the Math Club) with similar interests can apply to basically room together in a town house on campus. This would allow some of our on-campus math majors to share close proximity, a kitchen, and their own meeting space -- great conditions for doing mathematics.

I would appreciate if you could announce this to your class. Students can email me to express interest. But we have to hurry. The deadline is February 22.

Thanks!

Tony


Sign me up Tony! I dream about the possibility of living with some nerd doing mathematics together at our own little meeting space.

1 comment:

Stack said...

I studied with some guys for a stats class when I went back to school for a while, so I guess I can see the benefit. But I'm sure going to have plenty of other reasons to move in with someone before I get to studying for a math class.