Saturday, February 23, 2008

Resigned

Kelvin Sampson is done at IU after accepting a $750,000 buyout of his contract. A couple of thoughts here:

1. Didn't Sampson have language in his contract specifically forbidding him from doing what he did? If I broke major rules at work at I'd be fired right away. Why does Sampson get to walk away with $750,000?

2. From the article: "Some players threatened to sit out the game as a protest." Okay, I get this if your coach was fired for poor performance and you disagree. Heck, I've been there myself (sort of). But if he's fired for cheating, what are you protesting?

3. Let's say Sampson coached all season and IU won the tournament. Wouldn't they be in danger of losing that championship?

1 comment:

Ump said...

What if they still won the tourney with him fired? They will already have a good seed and great shot at winning the Big Ten tourney. And they should have a 4 seed if not better in the Big Dance.