Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I just read this response from a reader over at the Corner and thought I'd post it because it pretty concisely states my problem with so many government-types.
One of the excerpts you guys just posted:

"Our job is to make life better for our fellow Americans, and help them to build a future of hope and opportunity – and this is the business before us tonight."

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, WRONG! It is not President Bush's job to make my life better. He has never met me or anyone I know and hasn't the faintest f***ing idea what my hopes, dreams and aspirations are. It MY job to make my life better, assisted by my family and friends. It is his job to make sure the likes of al Qaeda leave me alone so I can do that.

Argh.

Hat tip: Jonah Goldberg at The Corner.

No comments: