Monday, January 22, 2007

Best of Show

Saturday I went to the North American International Autoshow at Cobo, and, among the Lamborginis and Mustangs, I was most struck by a few exceptional vehicles. These finely crafted visions in steel and plastic stand out as shining beacons, showing the world that, truly, some automotive designers, men of vision, really suck at their jobs.

I would like to show everyone exactly what I mean, and with your help bestow upon homeliest vehicle our very own Cass City Monkies "Ugliest in Show" 2007.

Here are the contestants:
The Pit,













Notable primarily for its mediocrity. Its a hatchback with a hoodscoop and a roof rack. Really not sure what they were going for.
Probably not a serious contender however.

Chevy WTCC













Honestly, I'm torn on this one. It wants to be cool, but I feel like I would have to pull it backwards to wind it up. Or insert a 9V battery.

Now our leading contender, and my personal selection, The Rhombus, by the dirty ChiComs.













It may be hard to tell in the picture, but it does have four wheels, in a diamond arraignment. I have nothing to add.

Finally, a special entry, a dishonorable mention, the entire Scion product line.













That's all folks, cast your vote in the comments and watch democracy in action.

2 comments:

Stack said...

How could I vote for anything other than the Chinese car? It's hideousness is almost entrancing.

Ump said...

What is that Orange turd?