Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Wonderful

The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World not doing it for you? Think we need some new wonders? Well, some people do and worldwide voting on the "New 7 Wonders" is going on right now. At first I thought this was silly and even a little arrogant, but then I realized the only one of the original wonders that still exists is the Great Pyramid of Giza, so maybe it's not a crazy idea. Some of the candidates seem a bit questionable to me: does anyone think the Eiffel Tower really can stand up to the Great Pyramid? I'm down with some of the others though, like Petra for example. And, yes, you all know what Petra looks like because you've all seen Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. Anyway, Yahoo didn't actually provide a link in the article (it's the internet, use it), but I managed to find one. So, if you want to vote, click here.

No comments: