Thursday, February 15, 2007

Say It Ain't So

I was watching Sportscenter the other night and they were doing their Nascar segment. I couldn't care less about Nascar so I was going to change the channel. But then I saw Chris Fowler sitting at the table. Did Chris lose a bet in one of the bowl games or something? Chris doesn't strike me as a redneck. But this isn't what really drew my attention. It was the guy sitting at the other end of the table. A black guy. A tall black guy. A tall black guy that played for Carolina and many NBA seasons with the Cleveland Cavaliers...Brad Daugherty.

Quick, name me a tall race car driver....
Quick, name me a black race car driver...
Quick, name me ANY race car driver...

What in the world does an NBA basketball player know about Redneck country?

Is NASCAR that bad that even ESPN can't find "experts" to cover the "sport?"

1 comment:

Stack said...

So, they're bringing in basketball and football guys to be NASCAR analysts? Fowler I get, what else does he have to do until August? But you think they'd have no trouble getting a few guys who knew about NASCAR to sit on set and blow hot air all day.