Saturday, February 10, 2007

Movies to Rent

I'm looking for suggestions on a few good flicks to rent or even go see. I need to remind you, however, that 102% of my movie viewing is with a female. As much as I love movies like "Rounders" and "Pool Hall Junkies," if you recommend a movie like that, it may be a long time before I get to watch. I'm not saying you need to restrict all your suggestions to just crappy G-rated Disney movies, but that's kinda what it seems like sometimes. I've let her pick the movie once in a while, but she's yet to rent any classics like "Prom Night." She picked out "The Illusionist" a few weeks ago and I'd have to give her an A+ on that one. But picking out "The Final Cut" is flirting dangerously with "Prom Night" and "One Hour Photo." Someone needs to take "The Final Cut" out back and shoot that thing. What was Robin Williams thinking this time? I hate to say go Barbaro on that movie, but it has to be done.

I am open to any suggestions anyone may have. It can be a 2007 movie. It can be a movie from 2006. It can even be a movie from 1985. I don't care. Don't hold back on any type of genre, because some nights I just get lucky and get to pick what I want.

3 comments:

Stack said...

I'm probably the wrong one to ask, but off the tope of my head: Groundhog Day is awfully good for what's supposed to be a romantic comedy, Equilibrium is an action flick that chicks apparently are often okay with.

andy said...

Princess Bride?

Not 28 days later

Ump said...

Excellent choices gentleman. I still have Equilibrium on my "DVD's to buy" list. In fact, I saw it on FX about 2 weeks ago. I couldn't believe it. I think that may have been the first time I've seen it on TV.

Groundhog Day...gotta have movie. It was the only DVD on my Christmas list this year and the only DVD I received.

Princess Bride: Classic.