Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Trip is ON!

We are heading to KC for July 27-29. Aaron has to work on that Friday until 4:00. Rumor has it he will get off at 2:00 though. I figured we'll be leaving Cass City around 3:00 hopefully.

The game is at 6:05 pm CT on Saturday. As of right now, I don't plan on buying any tickets. I think the odds are in our favor that we can get 6 whereever we want. Plus, by just showing up at the ticket box to buy our duckets, we save at least $4/person. Ticketmaster screws you through the $3.00 "service charge" (PER TICKET), $4.25 shipping and handling, ?% sales tax, and I'm sure some other office expense.

If anyone opposes me not getting the tickets early, let me know.

Kevin is in charge of getting the rental car/van.

Late

6 comments:

Stack said...

I think picking up tickets at the game is a good idea. But... well, it's going to be tough for me to make it as I'm in the middle of making arrangements to move in a little over three weeks. I'll see what I can do.

Ump said...

I forgot to mention that since I'm not buying the tickets early, that I've also decided not to book a hotel. This is a wing-it trip.

Anonymous said...

When will you know if you will be able to make it?

Stack said...

It might not be until late next week. Seriously, you're not booking a hotel? That takes like 5 minutes online. I'm not sure I see the reasoning.

Ump said...

I didn't really put deep thought into it. Not really knowing for sure the route we would be taking on the trip and how long we felt like driving Friday night, I thought we could just pull over when we had enough drive time and find a hotel in a decent enough size city where multiple options would be possible. If people feel more comfortable, I can get one. No big deal to me.

Anonymous said...

BTW I do have the van reserved. Not quite as easy as last year but it is definitely the cheapest and the only one with unlimited mileage anywhere around. I agree with Nathan about the winging it on the way down. I was going to suggest staying in Des Moines Iowa on the way back but that is a 3 hour drive from KC so that might not be a good option.