Tuesday, July 24, 2007

New Plans

After talking with Kevin last night (as he was looking at Map Quest) we've come up with this agenda:

Friday: Leave Cass City by 3:30pm to meet at Kevin's by 4:30pm with rental van. Realistically speaking, leave Bay City by 5:00 pm. Drive to Moline (7 hours?) and spend night...12:00am

Saturday: Drive to Des Moines (2 hours?) and pick up Adam. Adam leaves truck at some hotel. Continue driving the rest of the way to Kansas City (3 hours?) to the game. After game, drive back to Des Moines (3 hours?) and get Adam's truck and spend night at hotel...12:00am

Sunday: We all go our separate ways.

We could drive to Des Moines Friday night, but that could put us there after 1 or 2am. I'd say leave the option open for either Moline or Des Moines. The farther we can make it, the better. If we are making good time on the roads and we think we can get to Des Moines at a decent hour, let's shoot for it. If not, we better settle with Moline rather than take our chances with a corn field. If we drive down the wrong row in the corn field called Iowa, we'll miss Des Moines.

1 comment:

Stack said...

According to Yahoo:

Approximately 10 hrs from CC to Des Moines, putting you there 1:30-2am.

Approximately 7.5 hours from CC to Davenport, which would make it 11-11:30pm.

Approximately 3 hours from Des M to KC.

About 4 hours for me to get from here to Des M.

About 6.5 for me to get from here to KC.

I'm almost certainly going to have to work Saturday morning, meaning the best I could hope for is to catch you at the hotel on Saturday (assuming you were going straight to the game) or at the game. I don't think going to Moline would be a good idea for me. I'm not sure how I'll ever catch you guys if you stay at a random hotel.