Monday, July 30, 2007

Simplify

Quoting Ump:

Speaking of kick returners...we had a big (heated) discussion on stats, positions stats, team defense, individual defense, stat/point tweaking, etc. on our way home as soon as we left you in the dust.

Here is what the concensous was to make our league better:

1. 10 teams in the league. We have Rick Parrott, so someone needs to contact him. We need one more person.

2. Less points for QB's. 25yds/point.

3. 15yds/point for kick returns.

And:

Basically we were saying we need to deflate some of the point totals. But I think we are all satisfied (not necessarily happy) with keeping individual defensive players. Some would like a team defense.

I think it will be more difficult doing the draft party/live draft when it comes to individual defensive players. It's easier when a computer is in front of you.

I'm not against simplifying the league to make it easier to draft and I'm open to changing points for stats. The current draft goes 20 rounds; cutting 5 roster spots would speed it up significantly. I like having the extra emphasis on defense with IDPs, but they may be more trouble than they are worth. And after 3 years of study I think that kick returners are probably distorting our league a bit much. I'm a holdout on the QB points, but I guess I can let go of that if everyone else wants it to change. It would bring the league more in line with standard scoring.

We've had 8 teams the past couple of years, I'd be glad to get it to 10. I'd say we have 7 solids. Kid Loe has played for quite a while, so he's likely number 8. If Rick is in we get to 9. Bader and brother-in-law Joe have invites, if either joined that would push us to 10.

No comments: