Sunday, July 29, 2007

Draft Night in CC

As I mentioned during the baseball trip, I tentatively will be home Sept. 1-9 (pending approval from my new boss). It was noted that our fantasy football draft would occur that same week. So, do we want to have a draft party? This might be difficult for Kid Loe, but I think it would work for the rest of the league. The tentative date would be Sept. 2nd. Let me know if this sounds feasible. A couple of questions:

-Is there a big-screen TV that could be hooked up to a computer available? If so, we could use either a draft program or a spreadsheet to keep track of the draft. A projector would also work great if we had access to one. Alternatively, we could buy a draft board or just get a really big sheet of paper and some markers.

-Where?

-Just how much food would we need?

-Do we need to simplify the teams, i.e. get rid of individual defensive players, to make this work?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam,
The wide screen tv Aaron recently bought is a 27inch LCD if my girl brain is working right I believe at one point he said that we could hook our computer to it and cable internet is being hooked up today. I thought I would just comment for him.

Ump said...

Speaking of kick returners...we had a big (heated) discussion on stats, positions stats, team defense, individual defense, stat/point tweaking, etc. on our way home as soon as we left you in the dust.

Here is what the concensous was to make our league better:

1. 10 teams in the league. We have Rick Parrott, so someone needs to contact him. We need one more person.

2. Less points for QB's. 25yds/point.

3. 15yds/point for kick returns.

Ump said...

Basically we were saying we need to deflate some of the point totals. But I think we are all satisfied (not necessarily happy) with keeping individual defensive players. Some would like a team defense.

I think it will be more difficult doing the draft party/live draft when it comes to individual defensive players. It's easier when a computer is in front of you.

Anonymous said...

I have access to a projector

I Believe QB stats would be 15 or 20/1 yards per point max

If defensive players with kick returning capabilites are the only defensive guys that matter then who cares. According to some there is only a few of those guys anyway.

Signed
Just for the record

Stack said...

So, uh, who exactly has access to a projector? I can't hear your voices when I read the comments (except maybe for Jody). Is that you Big Daddy?