Friday, November 24, 2006

Second Best or First Worst

Is this actually a year where Michigan is neither Overrated nor Underrated? I don't think any Michigan fan can complain about their ranking in the BCS after a loss. Then again, I don't think any non-Michigan fan can complain about their ranking either.

Was the game close? Depends on what your definition of close is. If we are talking from a scoring standpoint, then yes, it was close. But, UM needed 3 turnovers just to get it that close. What would the score have been if Michigan had at least one turnover or if the team down south only turned it over once or twice? More than likely not close. Then again, OSU scored 3 times on big plays. Take away those big plays, what happens? Nothing can be taken away, it all happened. What if, what if, what if just talks you into a circle. What if Michigan won? What?

We've all heard the arguments for and against a rematch. I'm not going to pile on either one of those arguments. In fact, I'm not sure where I even stand. I enjoyed the game. It was great. I sure can't complain from a sports entertainment perspective. What if the game was the first game of the year for either team and it was the same result. And then at the end of the year both teams are ranked #1 and #2. Would it be easier to call for a rematch under those circumstances? Because the difference between week 1 and week 12 is a long time. But wait, it's a pretty long time before their next game too, whomever they play.

But (there is always a but), neither Michigan nor OSU designed the schedule at the beginning of the year to say where they'd play the final game. It just so happened to be OSU's turn to host. So, IF the game would have been at Michigan, what would have happened? Which is why I'm slightly leaning toward seeing the game on a neutral field. I know I know, Lloyd can't win a bowl game and Michigan fan doesn't want to lose to OSU again, let alone twice in one season. Coach Carr already has enough L's in his name. I think it's now spelled: LLLLLoyd.

Well, I guess I proved my point...that I've managed to talk into 3 circles. Since I'm taking a pre-Calc class, that would be the equivalent of 6 pi.

Side Note: USC lost Matt Leinart, Lendale White, and Reggie Bush to the NFL last year, so how can they be just as good? I say USC is a fraud. You can't tell me they are just as good losing 3 amazing offensive players. Then again, I think Notre Dame is slightly less of a fraud and will beat USC. It's just that the world can't wait to exault Notre Dame any time they win a game. They can't wait to crown them every year they start out with wins over Georgia Tech and Penn State. If Georgia Tech and Wake Forest are dominating the ACC, you know the world is not round. The only teams ND has beat that are still ranked is G. Tech. USC on the other hand has only beat Cal and Arkansas that are still ranked.

P.S. Anyone surprised Joey Blue Skies picked apart the Detroit Lions like a Thanksgiving Turkey? Didn't think so.

2 comments:

Stack said...

Notre Dame is a fraud. USC? I think they might be the real thing, more or less. Not Leinart-Bush-White good, but still pretty good.

Stack said...

Oops, I forgot: Mmmmm... pi (salivating sound).