Saturday, March 01, 2008

"Restore the universe to order."

I heard this Hank Steinbrenner quote on PTI, so I'm assuming it's getting around:

"Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of [expletive] that is. That was a creation of the Red Sox and ESPN, which is filled with Red Sox fans. Go anywhere in America and you won't see Red Sox hats and jackets, you'll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. We're going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order."

I may need to wear my Sox cap around again, if only for a day or two (gotta represent among all these Cub fans). Also, I don't think Hank has earned the right to go all Darth Vader on us yet. You've got to do a little better than overpaying for guys who are already past their prime to create enough fear to keep the other teams in line.

1 comment:

Ump said...

Yeah, I read that article Saturday morning. Give me a break. ESPN is filled with Yankee fans. In fact, last night I saw on Sportscenter a poll question about this quote. It showed a map of the votes on Sports Nation and at the time of the airing, 33 states said they were pro Red Sox and only 7 states said Yankees.

Wake up Hank.