Thursday, August 02, 2007

I'm Straight!

I really haven't been wondering, but I have noticed a little absense of Andy lately. Thinking back to our baseball trip last weekend, Adam made a comment about Andy having a lady friend. It seems Andy has met a woman and...poof! He's gone. So, I can't help but remember the post Fritz made a few years ago in the fantasy football league when Bader used to talk smack every week. Then, all of a sudden, no more Bader. No more smack. And then it hit Fritz and that's when he made the infamous statement, "He must have a girlfriend." Andy's absense (girlfriend) explains it all. I do have just one question though for you Andy...does she like Fantasy Football? Because we could use a 10th team. Congrats. Oh, and, you do still have my back when Frank Hawley comes around, right? "FRANK!" (Coach Oesch)

Oh, and about the title of the post. I know we are now living in this world where we have to be all politically correct and embrace everyone and everything. For instance, people who may be homosexual. I can live with that. Let's not be prejudice. If people are gay, fine. But, if we are living in this new world were it's free and enlightening to be gay and make a big statement about it, why do people have to make a statement about it then? (I'm referring to former NSYNC boy band member Lance Bass "coming out" in People magazine and the cover reading "I'm Gay.") That's great. Buy why do we have to make a special announcement...if we are supposed to no longer make a big deal out of someone who is or isn't gay? It just seems like we are contradicting ourselves. Before, you were "special" if you were gay. Now we're not supposed to treat people as "special" if they are different. Fine. So...why are we treating Lance Bass like he is "special" for being gay? If were aren't supposed to make a big deal about someone being gay, why are we making a big deal about someone (Lance Bass) being gay?

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'M STRAIGHT. (Okay, where is my photo on Sports Illustrated?)

1 comment:

Stack said...

I'm pretty sure the first paragraph of this post was the written equivalent of a de-cleater. Ouch!