Sunday, August 19, 2007

Final Thoughts

I'm going to be offline in a couple of days, so here's where we stand on the fantasy football season:

I. All the changes have been made to the league settings, so check them out and make sure you're good with them BEFORE the draft. If you don't bring it up now, don't whine about it later.

II. Here's the draft order if we stick with our system from previous years:

1. Kid Loe
2. Ross
3. Barrigar
4. Andy
5. Adam
6. Haag
7. Schott
8. Fritz
9. Rick
10. Rusty

I also would understand if we wanted to randomly select draft position before the draft, with the stipulation that the teams that ended #1 or #2 last year cannot have the #1 or #2 pick this year.

III. Where's the draft party? When does it start? Are we getting a board, using a computer and projector, or a TV?

IV. The last two need to sign up.

V. Are there any other issues?

2 comments:

Ump said...

Draft Order:

I'm fine with what is set up, but also understand if we wanted to randomly select draft positions. I think it is somewhat fair if the #1 and #2 from the previous year cannot get the #1 or #2 pick this year, but it doesn't really bother me.

But, it might be more fair to Rick and Rusty for a random draft.

One method I've seen used is a random draft order based on where you finished the previous year. So, if you finished last the previous year, you got the first pick out of the bowl, hat, etc. You could still end up with the 10th pick at random, but you got to "pick" your position first.

Again, I'm fine with whatever.

Stack said...

If it wasn't for the new guys, I'd leave the draft the way it is. But, I kind of hate to have Rusty come in knowing that Travis Henry is his best RB. I don't think, mathematically speaking, that the order you pick out of a hat would really change your chances since it should all be random. I think before we've always said that you get to pick at the number you chose or LOWER if you want, but no one has ever slid down. I think it would be better to keep the restrictions on the #1 and #2 picks just to cut down on complaining (from everyone else). We could also give the Kid an automatic #1, but I'll have to talk to him before I put that one in play.