Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"We don't want you."

According to this article by Len Pasquarelli, Randy Moss was really hoping to be traded to the Falcons, or maybe the Ravens, before the Vikings traded him to Oakland. Atlanta was his first choice, but apparently they gave him a Barrigar-esque "you suck" in response. Here's how the article puts it:

"I wanted to play with Atlanta just for the fact of Michael Vick's elusiveness," Moss said. "And I wanted to play with a guy such as [Ravens star middle linebacker] Ray Lewis, because he's on defense and I'm on offense. So I did have dreams and high hopes of being traded to the Atlanta Falcons, but the president and owner . . . told me specifically that [they] did not want me in Atlanta, there's nothing that I can do to get [to] Atlanta, and then wished me the best of luck. [Blank] did not think that Randy Moss would be a good fit in Atlanta."

Ouch. Must have been hard for a guy like Moss to hear the word no. Nice to see that being an immature jerk is still frowned upon by some teams.

No comments: