Friday, April 22, 2005

Popular Guy

This report says Braylon Edwards is getting a lot of interest in the draft, with the newest team showing interest being the Redskins. A lot of people seem to think Edwards is the best receiver in the draft, including Tom Friend here (Note: this is for purposes of talking about Edwards, not as another mock draft). I'm not sold on Edwards. Great, he hyperventilates before games, his ego is huge, and I'm SURE he is not the next Jerry Rice. In fact, I'll guarantee he won't even be the best rookie receiver next season. And, yes, I'm baiting Aaron.

Another thing I've been hearing is that Troy Williamson may end up being picked ahead of Mike Williams as the 2nd receiver taken. Now, I understand the case for Edwards, and Williamson is fast, but this is silly. It looks to me like a textbook case of scouts looking at numbers more than talent. And Mel Kiper agrees with me. Williamson may very well turn out to be a great pro, but mark my words, if a team selects him ahead of Williams, they'll regret it.

No comments: