Saturday, April 23, 2005

Mike Williams?

With the tenth pick in the 2005 NFL Draft the Detroit Lions selected Mike Williams of USC. It was fairly surprising and I imagine they are going to catch a lot of flack for it when the draft grades come out since he's their third first round receiver pick in 3 years. I was expecting defense for this pick, but I wasn't totally shocked. I had read something earlier in the week that Millen said about taking value with the 10th pick. Obviously, I think Williams has value since I've said he's the best WR in the draft. Now Harrington is under REALLY intense scrutiny, because if you can't get the ball to Chuck, Roy, and Mike you can't play in this league. Who's ready to order a Mike Williams black alternate jersey? What do you think his number will be?

No comments: