Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Postseason Predictions

There is an interesting article on espn.com about what all the "experts" think will happen in the MLB playoffs. One thing that stood out to me (besides the fact it seemed ESPN had polled 1000 "experts") was that MANY of them picked Oakland over Detroit in the first round. However, I also noticed that if anyone picked Detroit to win the AL Pennant, then they also picked them to win the World Series. No one had the Tigers LOSING in the World Series, which is kind of weird since they are 1-8 in their last 9 WS games.

So, I agree with them. I believe, if the Tigers make it back to the WS, they will win it all. I can't see them losing in the Series again.

It's all about pitching, pitching, and pitching. If you have to go through Scherzer, Verlander, and Sanchez...good luck to you. Oh, and some guy named Fister isn't so bad either. But, I don't care who you have, if you go 1-5 against two last place teams to finish the season, scoring 3 runs in the final 3 games...I'm nervous.

They beat Oakland last year when Oakland had home-field advantage, just like this year. I believe they can do it again, just like they eliminated the Yanks in 2011 and 2012. Even if you lose in the WS, you have to be pretty darn good to do that.

I predict the Tigers in 6 games over the Dodgers for the Championship.

1 comment:

Stack said...

I don't know, the slide at the end of the year and Cabrera's injury leaves me with a bad feeling.