Monday, October 14, 2013

I'm Bad Luck

I was doing homework last night during the game and would randomly come upstairs to check on the game. I'm 100% sure that every time I checked the game, the Tigers were either always batting or it was a commercial break. I am pretty sure I never saw Scherzer throw one pitch...until the 6th inning I took a homework break and the very first pitch I saw broke up the no-hitter. (I did know he had a no-hitter going, though.) The very next batter broke up the shutout.

I came upstairs in the 5th inning to help put the kids to bed and Cabrera was batting. I thought I'd watch for a second...DINGER! Fielder is up. I think I'll watch for a second...Double off the monster! Wife is now mad, so I come back later, score is 5-0 Tigers!!!

It's now the 8th inning. My wife had been asleep with the girls. I decided I would wake her up to watch the Tigers win game 2 and go up 2-0 in the series. Things got dicey so I waited until 2 outs with the bases loaded during a pitching change. She comes out...GRAND SLAM!

Detroit, MY BAD

1 comment:

Stack said...

I think it's actually Ben Affleck's fault somehow.