Sunday, January 18, 2009

Cardinals Win

You know, as much as I hate to write it, if the Cardinals can go to the Super Bowl, then there has to be some hope for the Lions. It's actually been longer since the Cardinals won a championship than it's been for the Lions. Of course the Lions don't have Kurt Warner, one of the best to play the game (at least statistically speaking).

I don't know if anyone else saw it, but one Cardinals fan had an awesome sign inspired by former coach Dennis Green: "We are who we though we were."

4 comments:

Ump said...

Alright, another one down, six to go.

Signed,

Cleveland Browns
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars
some other team yet to make SB
Detroit Lions

Ump said...

Check that, Seattle was just there a few seasons ago. I meant the Houston Texans. And, I believe there are only 5 remaining, not 6.

My bad.

Ump said...

According to my sources, in the last 11 Super Bowls, including this one (SB XLIII), 7 teams qualified for the first time.

The SHAME List

Detroit - close in '91 season
Cleveland
New Orleans - close
Jacksonville - close
Houston

Stack said...

I'd say Houston and Jacksonville could probably be given a pass considering the age of the franchises. I suppose Cleveland could be excused to, seeing as how they were deactived for a few years.

But NO and DET really have no excuse.