Friday, January 16, 2009

Teaching Rocks

Yep, another "snow day." Well, I guess you call today a "Cold Day." Either way, I'm not working...and still getting paid! I'm starting the think about getting a second job, but during the day. I already have a second job officiating at night, so now I need something to do for all those "snow days."

I hate to rub it in, but I have to. Check this out: Since the week of Thanksgiving (Monday, Nov. 24), we've only had one completely full work week and that was last week (week of Monday, Jan 5th). That's a span of 8 weeks, including Christmas vacation. So let's recap. Only one full five day work week since the week of Nov. 24. Oh, and we don't have school next Friday either. So, let's just go ahead and call it one full work week in the past 9 after next Friday. And I guess while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and tell you we have a full week off Feb. 16-20 for "Winter Break."

The really surprising thing is that, in the past 8 weeks, not only have we had a lot of time off, many of those weeks were less than 4 full work days.

Mandy, on the other hand..."not so much." Oops, I forgot, that phrase has been banned.

2 comments:

Ump said...

Four day weeks...DON'T SUCK. In fact, that reminds me. There's actually talk of some schools going to 4-day school weeks. Hmmm, I guess Caro has already passed that legislation, however so discretely calling them "snow days."

Stack said...

I happen to like "not so much" when used appropriately, but most people are idiots and will overuse any halfway decent phrase.

Good to hear you're not working too hard.