Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Grow Up

A quote from Felicia Young from an AP article on Vince Young and his emotional issues:

But we’re not talking about football right now. We’re talking about what would make him happy, and that is the most important thing.

Oh grow up. Lots of people, myself included, aren't happy with their jobs, and most don't get paid millions of dollars to do them. We still show up to work, like adults. Spoiled children run and hide, which is exactly what Young is doing. I'm sure getting booed by an NFL crowd is no fun, but what else is he going to do? He hasn't finished his degree and I'd be surprised if he has any significant work experience. So stop crying and do your job.

One more thing: if your mom's talking about how you're "hurting inside and out" the the press, you just might have to turn in your man card.

UPDATE: By the time I finished typing this the article disappeared, replaced with a new one about how Young showed up to practice today. Good for him. The nearest I can find to the original article is this.

2 comments:

Ump said...

I actually read the original article earlier today. Yeah, boo-hoo. Look, you threw a few interceptions. I shouldn't be the one to have to tell you this...but you did win the Offensive Rockie of the Year Award. You did lead your team to 8 straight victories and a playoff berth (right?...or did they come up just short?). So, suck it up, strap on your helmet and get in the fricken game.

To quote a few lines from Ocean's Eleven...just for added emphasis:

Reuben: You're Bobby Caldwell's kid. From Chicago. It's nice there, do you like it?
Linus: Yeah.
Reuben: That's wonderful. Get in the @$#%!^& house.

Vince, get on the $&^@*!$ field!

Tom said...

By the power vested in my by OfficialManCard.com, I revoke his Man Card!

Visit my site, OfficialManCard.com, and order yours. We've issued over 2100 Man Cards across the world, and its time for you to join the ranks.