Thursday, August 28, 2008

Fantasy Draft, Part Deux

Sounds like there's interest in doing a fantasy draft party again. Would the evening of 8/31 (Sunday) work? I'm driving back on Monday and Saturday night is Spartan football, so that seems to be the best night to me. Who wants to host? The Stoeckle residence of Cass City is open if we want to party there, but if one of you homeowners wants to host that would be great too. Any other thoughts?

Here's some resources to help you get ready, if you're going to:
-Funston's Big Board
-NFL.com Top 100
-Rotter's Top 500 (Probably the default list for the draft, due to it's size)
-ESPN.com Top 200
-ESPN.com Cheat Sheet (pdf file)
-ESPN Live Draft Results
-Projected Looks and Touches
-Fox Sports Average Draft Position

UPDATE: Added more resources.

UPDATE 2: Added another resource. Seriously, you should be good to go.

UPDATE 3: I'm working on a spreadsheet for the draft, I'll post it here when it's done so it's easily available. How would everyone feel about me doing the random picks for position before the draft so that I could enter team names before it started? Also, just to be sure, can we hook the laptop we're using up to the TV, or are we just going to go without?

UPDATE IV: One more resource.

UPDATE V: THE UPDATE STRIKES BACK Here's the spreadsheet, as much as is done anyway.

21 comments:

Ump said...

You know, I was just talking with "Fantasy Football Guy" tonight and I remembered Adam posting top fantasy football mockdrafts and boards last year and that I was going to need that again soon.

Stack said...

All part of being the commish.

Ump said...

Sunday is best for me too.

Big Daddy said...

Sunday Works well for me. My house is open if need be. I do have wireless internet available as well.

Stack said...

That'd be a plus. You have a laptop, right? Hooking up a laptop to the TV might make things easier.

Anonymous said...

Sunday works for Aaron also, although he just informed me he hasn't signed up yet. Our house is also open with high speed wireless and mulitple computer options. Aaron did get a new laptop at Christmas. So It looks like someone just needs to pick a place

Stack said...

Yeah, we're still short Barrigar, Ross, Fritz, and Schott. Who wants to host more? It doesn't really matter to me.

Big Daddy said...

I believe that Aaron is hosting, (decided on wed) and myself, barrigar ,and ross are confirmed to get in. Also Rusty? Where do we stand on players.

Stack said...

I believe that would leave us needing one more. We added one player (Joe) and are still missing two from last year (Rusty, Kevin).

Ump said...

I'm in favor of whatever makes the draft run the smoothest. As long as Rusty doesn't burn the first pick or stand us up and make us pick for him, then I'm fine if you establish the random draft order now.

Adam...you're on the clock!

Stack said...

Is Rusty in, or is he only going to play if Schott doesn't want to?

Big Daddy said...

Rusty wants in.

Stack said...

Okay. I sent Schott a note, but haven't heard back. If he's out then we're at 10, if he's in then we need a 12th man.

Stack said...

Kevin's in.

Ump said...

Ten's enough. Ten oughta do it.

You think we need one more?

You think we need one more.

We'll get one more.

Stack said...

The league won't let us have 11, it has to be an even number.

Anonymous said...

The laptop is able to be hooked up to the tv through a simple hdmi cable, so that will be fine.

Anonymous said...

I will be out of town the 31st. Sorry, but had these plans since early July. Can someone pick for me - I don't care who I get. Thanks & Good Luck

Stack said...

Picking for anyone who's not there shouldn't be an issue, but if you want some guys in particular let someone know and we'll see what we can do.

Since it's Wednesday and there's still only 6 people signed up I doubt I'm going to have that spreadsheet done.

Ump said...

Don't worry Ricky. I'll make sure you get Rex Grossman, Cedric Benson, and Chris Henry.

Anonymous said...

I REALLY REALLY want Mike Vick - I hear he's going to have a break-out year....

Thanks guys