Thursday, April 10, 2008

More Thanks

So, the MHSAA has all but declared bankruptcy. I can barely articulate how angry this makes me. For one thing, the MHSAA was defending the position that the people of Michigan actually favored and preferred, but the law (an ass) decided the other way. Then, an attorney who "volunteered" her time is now going to get paid the bulk of the money. What kind of vounteer demands payment after successfully volunteering? Sure, I'll mow your lawn for free, but only if I do bad job. If it looks good, pay me. I've been a supporter of girls' sports as the HS level, but, frankly, I really hope they suffer in Michigan now.

2 comments:

Big Daddy said...

My thoughts exactly.

Ump said...

If the men in this world didn't invent sports like baskeball and baseball, there would be no girls version. I say let make a new organization. The MHSBOAA (Michigan High School Boys Only Athletic Association).

I think someone needs to come up with a funny acronym for the MHSAA.

I vote that to be a new post. 100 points to the winner who can create the funniest acronym for the MHSAA and this stupid situation.