Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Traffic Laws

Apparently LeBron James likes to drive fast, really fast. James acknowledged to going 101 mph on his birthday.

I was doing 101," James said Monday after practice. "That's it. I was speeding. I've just got to abide by the law. I got caught. It happens."

Lawyer Colin Jennings filed a not guilty plea for James in Medina Municipal Court. A hearing is scheduled for Feb. 11, when the Cavaliers play in Orlando.

So let me get this straight: James admitted to driving 101 mph but is pleading not guilty? What?!?! What is he pleading not guilty to? That he didn't lie about how fast he was going?

Here's another great quote: "I'm not going to jail or nothing like that," he said. "I wasn't drunk. I was just speeding. That's it." Right. Okay. Gotcha. Of course, not dangerous at all to anybody else on the road. And if you hit someone they'll probably be left with just scratches from your 1000 lb sled going supersonic speeds crashing into them.

Idiot.

No comments: