Monday, January 07, 2008

"Buy it now...the 'RATED' version!"

You know, there is such a big deal for advertising the "Unrated" version of a movie when it first gets released. There has to be a way or better yet, a market that would actually appreciate a RATED version of a movie. For instance, Mandy and I were watching "The Thomas Crown Affair" on TV on Saturday. I'd love to own the movie, but there is just wayyyyyy to much Rene Russo in the movie, if you catch my drift. So, I'd like someone to make a "rated" version of the movie so I could buy it. I'm not asking we get too tedious and cut out all swearing when making it "rated," but come on, is it that hard to take out the unnecessary nudity? I just think there would have to be a market for it out there. There has to be a decent size audience that doesn't want to see nudity. I'd buy it. Anyone want to go into business? Wait, we need money to start. Crap.

In other news, why is the June Jones coaching situation such a big deal? It's Hawaii. And it's not like he's going to a Pac-10 or Big 12 school. It's SMU. Quick, tell me what SMU stands for...waiting...waiting...that's what I thought. When I kept hearing about all the rumors, I thought for sure they were talking about some other school, not SMU. All that pub...for SMU? We're making a big deal out of SMU? Okay, I won't keep you in suspence any longer: Southern Methodist University.

4 comments:

Ump said...

I've heard that before Darwin died, he said it would take more faith to believe in evolution than creation. I didn't paraphrase that exactly correct, but are you familiar with what I'm talking about? Is that written down somewhere? Can that be proved that he said that? Can you tell me where to find it?

Anonymous said...

Yes there is such a thing as "rated" movies they are called edited or clean movies. Jeez Nate do a little web search or something. I actually heard about this on the radio or something here is a link
http://www.goodmoviesonline.com/

Ump said...

Oh, so do a web search like you did...I mean, listen to every radio station commerical. Thanks, I'll maybe check it out.

"What do you want me to do? Just tell me what you want me to do."

Anonymous said...

You can buy the original and get a free edited backup of the movie at http://www.familyediteddvds.com. They have hundreds of movies.