Sunday, December 16, 2007

Richie Rich

Rich Rodriquez will be the new head coach for the University of Michigan football squad. As unpredicted by Adam, he took the offer. Okay, I'm happy. Very happy. I've been rooting for this guy since last year when he showed he was willing to leave the Mountaineers but then decided to stay. That was enough for me to know UM had a shot at him. Bring on the pizzazz! He was definately at the top of my list. Honestly, he was in my top 3. Somewhere with Les Miles and Kirk Ferentz. Time to kick VEST!

3 comments:

Stack said...

I'm very surprised; I thought that if Rodriguez was going to leave he would have gone with one of the many offers he'd received before. So, is the spread offense, which Rodriguez bears much of the credit for creating, still gimmicky if it's being used at programs like UM and OSU?

Ump said...

I don't care, just give me anything. I think he'll be slightly less spread offensy or "gimmicky" but he'll still probably bring a lot of that to the table. Again, if he brings in guys like White and Slaton, I'm on board.

Nothing like going for a super-high to a super-low...dang you Dolphins. Why did you try? Now I'm ticked.

Anonymous said...

In 1 Press Conference he has aleady shown more personality than Carr in 11 years or whatever it was. Thats what I'm looking for, someone to come in an say we are Michigan we should never get beat. As far as bringing the spread makes no difference to me. As long as he brings the wins and some cockiness is all that matters. Hopefully Spurrier is his role model.

Signed
Mono-tone Coach Carr and Senator Michell

PS. 1 concern is that hopefully this doesnt end up like Beau Bridges and Nebraska