Saturday, December 15, 2007

A Joke

Adam, I don't know what you hear in the sports world about the UM football coaching search fiasco, but around here, it sounds like the world is going to end. I don't know what it was like for MSU in their last 2 searches, but everyone is calling the UM situation a joke. Maybe it is. The media is turning it into a mess and pointing fingers at Lloyd and AD Bill Martin. Now the popular talk is, are Michigan fans willing to wait another year for Les Miles. Hire some guy for a season and then try going after Les again. Some still want Cowher to at least get an interview. Ann Arbor people really hate Herbstreit now, as if they didn't before.

Andy, congrats on the latest news. I didn't hear how you popped the question, but I'm sure it had style. I think you may have beat me in how long you waited (or didn't wait) to pop the question, but I think I'll still have you on a shorter engagement time. Let the fun begin.

Adam...hang in there. I guess I have nothing else to say on that.

3 comments:

Stack said...

Obviously they don't talk about the UM coaching search quite as much on this side of the Big River, but it certainly looks like a mess. It seems as though there wasn't a gameplan to replace Lloyd, or that something threw it off dramatically early on. I haven't wrote much about it because I didn't want it look like I was piling on. It's not like I'm enjoying Michigan being inept... okay, a little... fine, I'm pretty much rolling on the floor with laughter.

Stack said...

By the way, "hang in there"? I'm not exactly suffering. You married and engaged guys have probably forgotten that things can be pretty decent without a woman around.

Ump said...

Hey, I'll admit, you are NOT SUFFERING. I'll own that. I remember the days....ahhh.....