Friday, March 02, 2007

The good ol' Chronicle

Hey, you gotta love that picture of community service in this weeks addition of the Cass City Free Press. Nothing says good community service work better than a picture of Damian Izydorek and Gilberto Nazario from "Complete Concrete." I think the name of the company should be "Complete Convicts." That might make more sense. I'm fine with them bulldozing buildings down, but I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with them building apartment structures.

Nazario...what a great Cass City family heritage. I mean, who could forget Jose in 7th grade. I've loved it in the fall of 2005 when I had jury duty in Caro. I didn't have to serve, but I was selected as a possible juror for a Circuit Court case that same day. Guess who was in court. Jose. Criminal Sexual Conduct. Gasp. I wonder what I would have said if I was selected and they asked me if I had prior knowledge of one Jose Nazario. I probably would have lied or else Jason Mester might have killed me. He was there supporting Jose. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if Mester and pal Jason Humpert also worked for Complete Concrete. I know Humpert does because his sister is married to the owner of the company.

Oh, and who could forget Jose's sister...Anna. You remember. The summer we were going to be freshmen in high school. Anna and 2 other girls, one in 6th grade and the other in our grade, Amanda Smith, decided to steal a truck and go on a joy ride. Well, when you have a 6th grader driving, Anna, bad things will happen. Bad things did happen and Anna died. Great family story. I remember the first day of english class that freshman year with Mrs. Comire:

Mrs. Comire: So tell me about yourself.

Amanda Smith: Hi, my name is Amanda Smith.

Mrs. Comire: Wow, what happened to you? Why are you on crutches?

Amanda Smith: (Sitting down with cast on leg and crutches at desk) Well, me and some friends decided to steal a truck this summer and we got in an accident and my friend Anna died.

Mrs. Comire: Oh, you're THAT Amanda Smith.

This has been Down Memory Lane. Hope you enjoyed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nathan Haag you are not so smart.

Anonymous said...

Lmao!!! This person is on drugs

Anonymous said...

Funny!! Jason mester is one of the nicest men and hard workers I've ever met with a beautiful family. He Built my pole barn over 10 years ago and guess what it's still standing