Saturday, February 11, 2006

Right On

You are so right about ESPN and women's basketball. Personally, I'm tired of ESPN telling me how I should follow and care about the sport. I imagine this has something to do with ESPN carrying the women's tourney. But, no matter how many times you talk about UConn and the Vols, or ask if Pat Summit is a better coach than Coach K, I just don't care. Even when I was on campus and the women's team was making a run at the title, I didn't care. I don't follow women's basketball, golf, tennis, or soccer. No matter how many stories ESPN features. Heck, I barely follow the men's games in those sports.

You know what else I don't care about, no matter how many times the TV says it's important? The Olympics. I'm fairly patriotic, but I refuse to watch a sport I wouldn't watch otherwise just because it's the Olympics. So maybe I'll pay attention to the hockey. Oh, by the way, figure skating is not a sport. Out.

No comments: