Saturday, February 18, 2006

Irked

I haven't posted for a while, mostly because the sports world is largely focused on the Olympics, which I care nothing about. But I finally found something annoying enough to get me to post. It's right here. I know what you're thinking: "But that's only ESPN's NFL front page." Yup. And it annoys me. I'm not even talking about layout or intrusive video and ads. It's the Insider content that bugs me. ESPN has been pushing this paid content for many years, but I think it's gotten worse over the past year or so. It's especially noticeable during the NFL offseason where there's almost nothing you can read for free. It seems to be an attitude ESPN has, and it really irks me. They may be the the "worldwide leader is sports", but there are many other acceptable substitutes online. And if you start talking about fantasy sports, ESPN massive failure with free fantasy football last season put them far down the list. Anyway, I think I'm going to start checking Foxsports.com for my sports news first.

No comments: