Monday, January 30, 2006

The List - "Haag's 13"???

"You're either in or you're out, right now."

Those were the words that should have been on the invitation to the 2006 Tecmo Super Bowl (TSB) Tourney. Wow! I realized I might need to use two Nintendo's, but am I going to have to have the tourney at two site locations? This many people in one house...one living room...one bedroom? I guess we will have to use 3 bedrooms with 3 nintendo's and, oh yeah, 3 tecmo games. The rooms I have. I'm lacking one Nintendo and one game. Without further ado, here is the up-to-the-minute list, as of 12:05 am:

1. Craig Emmert - first one in
2. Nathan Fritz
3. Ryan King - my girlfriends brother
4. Tyler Brandel - 9 years old
5. Kevin Schott
6. Aaron Barrigar
7. Rick Parrott
8. Brad Speirs - Jason's brother
9. Jason Speirs - Brad's brother
10. Jason Pierce - The Las Vegas favorite (whooped me 3 times over Christmas break)
11. Derek Dodge - I'll explain later
12. The Host

Matt Ross - no word yet. Left a message on his cell at 10 pm Jan. 30.
John D'Arcy - "No." Rumor has it, he says "I don't think I can play." If I put the pressure on him that we already have 12 playing, I can hopefully put the guilt trip on him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we have 14 in the tourney.

Oh, Derek Dodge. Think back with me. Back. No, way back. Further yet. Senior year. 1999. Mrs. Tuckey's government class. Second hour. No, not Nicolette, Katie, Marissa, Mandy Board, etc. And no, not Sarah with her missing toes that Steve made fun of. There was a short time period that Derek Dodge came into Mrs. Tuckey's class for about 1-2 weeks where he did some history/government/supreme court stuff. I am inviting him because I attend the New Creation Community Church in Caro in order to play on their basketball and volleyball team. Derek goes to the church and plays on one of the volleyball teams. He played last year and so I've known him for a year now. I asked him since he is 28 if he remembers Tecmo Super Bowl. He claimed he was pretty good, so I figured he'd be good for an invite. Well, last week I started putting things together: he teaches in Caro, in the high school, in the histroy/social studies field..."So that's who you are. You were at Cass City when I was a senior." (How do I really remember? It's because I was a jerk when he came and was rude one day and apologized to Mrs. Tuckey.) So, do I expect anyone else to remember him...Nope.

Back to the Tourney. I'm glad I'm an experienced hand at filling out brackets. If we have 12 players, that requires 23 games for a champion. If we have 14 like I'm now shooting for, that would be 27 games. If we start at 7pm, use 3 tv's, play 9 games in one hour (1 game = 20 min...3 games at one time...3 x 3 = 9 games in one hour), we should have a champion in 3 hours (27 games divided by 9 gpr [games per hour] = 3 hours).

I guess it's safe to say...there are some fans of Tecmo Super Bowl.

1 comment:

Stack said...

Katie, Marissa, Nicolette... What were we talking about? I DO remember you being a jerk. Sorry I can't be there, if you want to simulate my presence take the 49ers out of the pool of available teams and then give someone a bye.