Sunday, November 03, 2013

Thoughts on the Game

A few thoughts on yesterday's game:

-I don't think I've ever seen a team so thoroughly punish an opponent the way MSU did yesterday. That's a performance that will get them some national talk this week.

-Gardner especially looked ready to be done; he was obviously really beat up.

-Actually, I think he just got sacked again.

-And Fritz Toussaint is probably not his favorite person right now.

-Taylor Lewan doesn't have a leg to stand on complaining about dirty play. You'd think he actually had facemasks attached to his hands.

-I get why he's wearing 98, but Gardner looks stupid wearing that number.

-Speaking of looking stupid, can someone tell Hoke that "soggy fat guy" really isn't a good look on the sideline?

-Though his numbers weren't great, this was the first game where I thought Connor Cook might turn into a good quarterback.

-While MSU did pull out green pants, which I wasn't a big fan of, I'm surprised neither team had a flashy alternate helmet or something else exciting. I think it's a good thing though, because they don't really seem to fit the character of either team.

-How hard do you think the Buckeyes are rooting for the Spartans now?

-So, my prediction about the losing team feeling like they could have won the game? I don't think that's the case here.

1 comment:

Ump said...

Thankfully, I didn't see one second of the game and only heard a few minutes. I got in car when it was 16-6, late third quarter. After only listening for a minute, UM got a huge interception...and it only got worse after that.

"And Fritz Toussaint is probably not his favorite person right now."

Again, I only heard a few minutes of the game, but in that short radio time, Jim Brandstatter was giving Fitz Toussaint the business. He basically said on-air everything but "You suck." I was quiet surprised since he obviously works for UM. It must have been really bad. Something along the lines of, "Fitz is a joke of a pass protector."