Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sounds Good, But Are They?

I really haven't seen the Pistons play and NBA basketball is boring in general, but it appears the Pistons are either playing well (and still losing) or have some decent talent this year. They are 2-4, but I feel they've played solid competition and aren't getting blown out. Many close loses, some on the road. They made a few moves in the summer that showed they are serious about competing again. In my opinion, I see the Pistons finishing 5th or 6th in the league and could advance to the second round.

For example: They have SIX players averaging double-digits! That sounds great, but is it? Then, they have another three players who average 20 points combined. I think that's pretty good to have too. They are averaging 102 points/game! I remember when the 2004 team could win a game 80-79. They were lucky to score 90. Then again, if you are averaging 102 points and have a 2-4 record, defense is an issue.

1 comment:

Stack said...

Haven't heard the Pistons mentioned yet as a possible playoff contender, but I don't actually hear most of the NBA analysis when I'm listening to the radio.