Thursday, November 07, 2013

TAKE COVER!!!

I noticed on Netflix "Reservoir Dogs" is available. I was pretty sure this wasn't a movie for my wife (based on the cast and movie genre it was located in), so I started watching it by myself late last night. I had never seen one minute of the movie, nor did I know anything about it. I didn't even research it on the IMDB.

Needless to say, the first two minutes of the movie (and seeing Quentin Tarantino) told me all I needed to know...there's going to be a lot of F-bombs.

DUCK!

Just how many do you ask? Well, according to the Parents Guide to view content, there are "272 F-words." Gee, is that all? I lost count after 38 in the first 5 minutes. Did someone actually count?

I found myself wondering how this movie could EVER be on cable television. Every word starts with F. Maybe that is why I've never seen it on any regular cable channel...the editors are STILL bleeping out words. Or, they've given up trying to dub all the F-words "Die Hard 2" style. You know, "Yippee-ki-yay Mr. Falcon."

All in all, if you can get past all the expletives, the plot is pretty good. I feel asleep during the movie, so I'll finish it tonight.

2 comments:

Stack said...

Never seen it myself, though I've considered it, but with Tarantino it's no surprise.

The plot is so good it put you to sleep? Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Ump said...

By the time the kids get put to bed, I don't start movies until 11pm.

Truth be told, I saw the first 30 minutes and feel asleep. I woke up and the movie was still on. I didn't know how much was left. It said 8 minutes. Seeming that I was about to spoil the ending, I started watching again from the time I had fallen asleep earlier. I watched from 12:15 until 1:15. So, yes, the plot was that good, I could pick up where I left off and would have finished the final 30 minutes easily had I not had to wake up the next morning.