Saturday, October 09, 2010

RE: Breaking Down The Game

Bell and Baker...were who we thought they were. Good.

Special Teams: I should not know Keshawn Martin. He went beyond special teams, unfortunately.

Greg Jones who? I didn't feel he was a factor.

D-Rob: Absolutely the MVP of the game (for the wrong team).

Offense: Very impressed with how Michigan ran the ball in the first quarter.

Score: Shocked to see it 3-0 after 1st quarter. A Michigan victory if they could have kept MSU at 14 at halftime. But, 17 wasn't terrible, especially knowing any other D-1 team in the nation could have nailed that FG before the half. At least acknowledge UM should have been winning 14-0 after the 1st quarter.

I feel cheated out of a good game. It's like I keep hoping they are playing a "do-over" tomorrow. 3 INT's can't happen. I don't put this on Rich Rod. Either it was the game plan or D-Rob that decided to get away from what had been working the first 5 games. The decision making on somebody seemed timid. Even before the game, I thought MSU was the better team, I just didn't want to get embarrassed.

Bell+Baker+Cousins+Crappy Michigan Defense+Spartan Stadium = 4 straight MSU wins.

Personally, I picked MSU to win by 3 touchdowns. Yeah, yeah, we all heard "last team with the ball wins," or "first team to 35 points wins." Forget it. MSU by 3 TD's.

2 comments:

Ump said...

Adam, you forgot one more for the "Tale of the Tape:"

Jim Rome Karma: Kirk Cousins was interviewed last week on the Jim Rome Show. Advantage: MSU.

Stack said...

That I didn't know. My thanks to Rome then.

Iowa fans were really rooting for MSU. They did not want to face an undefeated UM.