Tuesday, September 28, 2010

NFL Rules

Is there something in the NFL coaches rules that states you have to name your starting QB by a certain day of the week? We discussed this last week. Why would Coach Reid name his starter so soon? Wouldn't it make more sense strategically to wait until...NEVER? Make the other team prepare for two QB's.

Also, I heard Tim Tebow was dropped to 3rd string last week. They made it sound like you actually have to name your QB depth chart, as if you'll be fined by the league if you let the 3rd string QB play before the 2nd string QB (Quinn in this case, I believe).

Can anyone shed light on this?

2 comments:

Stack said...

I think that's the case, but I've never seen the rule. You have me curious now though; I'll have to see if I can find it.

Stack said...

Based on the little bit of research I did this evening, a team can only have 46 players of the 53 on the roster active on game day. So I assume this fits in with that rule, though the details I haven't been able to track down.