Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Soccer Sucks

I was going to avoid writing anything about the World Cup entirely, but I just can't hold out any longer. For one thing, even though it's Game 6 of the NBA Finals tonight (which I also don't care about), ESPN has World Cup coverage all over the front page. I'm often willing to side with ESPN against its critics, but they are absolutely trying to push soccer on viewers and it's pretty ridiculous. I'm glad I don't watch SportsCenter any more, because I'd probably throw something at the TV.

The second thing is that Andy McCarthy at The Corner shared a link to this article in The Washington Times. The conclusion:
There were a few enjoyable things about watching soccer. No commercials, it looks good in HD and I was able to get some things done around the house since there was no real danger of missing anything.

1 comment:

Ump said...

I literally laughed out loud on that last sentence. Great punchline.