Friday, June 18, 2010

"Oh be careful little eyes what you see..."

I never thought this day would come. I'm deeply disappointed in myself as a man, as a father, and as a citizen of the United States of America. My worst nightmare happened yesterday. I should have been more cautious. I should have been more prepared. But instead I was negligent. I let my guard down. I let my family down. My daughter, whom I am responsible for, saw something no child should ever see. She may be scarred for life. I tried to apologize...but the tears had already started forming. Then the moment of silence before the violent screams. It can't be undone. What's done is done. There is no going back. Only pain. I will never forget that day. That moment. There is no excuse. No explanation.



My daughter (deep breath) saw a goal during a soccer game of the World Cup yesterday while at The Whole Foods Market in Utica. There, I said it. Send me hate mail. Threaten my life. Punish me.

1 comment:

Stack said...

I'm not sure whether to be more disappointed in the soccer thing or that you were at Whole Foods. However, it doesn't surprise me at all that soccer was playing at Whole Foods.

Go to Hulu and watch one of the Big Ten classic football games. It might be enough start the healing process.