Monday, December 14, 2009

RE: 12?

(This was going to be a comment, but ran long.) Setting up the divisions was another problem that had occurred to me too. East and West would make the most sense geographically speaking. Assuming a new team was in the West, the divisions would be:

EAST
PSU
OSU
UM
MSU
Indiana
Purdue

WEST
Illinois
Iowa
NU
Wisconsin
Minnesota
New Team

Assuming I have my geography right (which I might not), the East would be a heck of a division, having all three of the historical powerhouses in the conference. But you absolutely need to keep UM vs MSU and OSU vs UM. I know something similar happens in the Big 12 with Texas and Oklahoma in the same division, but it seems less than ideal to me.

3 comments:

Ump said...

Just a side note: Here is how the previous 3 years of posting has turned out:

2006 = 383 posts
2007 = 385
2008 = 390

(By the way, that is incredibly consistent.)

So far in 2009 we have 286 posts. If we are going to continue the consistency, we had better pick up the pace. I don't want to point fingers, but the bottom players need to pick up the slack!

Have we gotten soft? I don't think we've got what it takes anymore. I guess we're just not tough like we used to be.

Ump said...

Non-related topic:

Chris Johnson is on pace for 2001 rushing yards. They are still fighting for the playoffs and if he can get a 150 yd day against Seattle, he has a shot. Miami is still fighting for a playoff spot too, so they won't just roll over.

Stack said...

I think having kids is making the rest of you soft. I'm only one man.