Thursday, June 18, 2009

...Goes Around

Please read the previous post "What Comes Around..." before reading this one.

I knew since June 2008 what teams would be in the baseball district tournament with Cass City. Five teams...and one of them was Harbor Beach. I was also pretty sure,... yup, wait for it...THAT DAN BROWN WAS THE VARSITY BASEBALL COACH FOR HARBOR BEACH.

So, after this situation had happened, I started to come up with plans that were as evilish that I could make them...baseball-wise.

Knowing we would be playing against each other in the regular season, I contemplated running up the score as high as I could. However, knowing we could possibly face each other in the baseball districts (and we might not actually be good enough to run the score up even if we wanted to), why would I want to "even the score" in the regular season only for him to "punk" me in the baseball districts when it really mattered.

In the regular season, we were ahead 10-0 in game 1 and finished 10-3. We lost the second game 3-8.

Life can be funny sometimes, and wouldn't you know it, we drew Harbor Beach in the baseball district semi-finals.

I never told anyone on the team about my "ulterior motives," but I so BADLY wanted to mercy HB in the districts, squeeze the coaches hand, and tell him "don't ever swear at me again!"

Long story short, I lost the coin flip, so we batted first. We scored 4 runs in the first inning like a little leaguer was on the mound. Steffin Bader gave up 2 in the bottom of the 1st to make it 4-2. But, we answered back with 3 more like we were batting off a Tee in the second inning. The next inning was side toss and next thing you know, we are winning 11-2 in the 6th inning. I even stole home on a passed ball to make it 12-2 (which came after a call that Dan Brown argued forever, making my runner return to 3rd base, only to score on the VERY NEXT PITCH after the argument..."The ball don't lie, DAN!")

Final score, 12-2. I now accept your apology.

"MAN'S GAME" DAN!

What comes around, goes around.

1 comment:

Stack said...

Nice. Also, I think you won the "Longest Post Ever" title with the previous post.