Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Interesting Development

Plasma and laser weapons!

from NewScientisTech.com
"The device uses a technology known as dynamic pulse detonation (DPD). A short but intense laser pulse creates a ball of plasma, and a second laser pulse generates a supersonic shockwave within the plasma to generate a bright flash and a loud bang."

"The company has also pitched a portable laser rifle, which would be lethal, to the US Army. It would weigh about fifteen kilograms, would have a range of more than a mile, and could have numerous advantages over existing rifles – better accuracy and the ability to hit a moving target at the speed of light."

I fully support our troops using laser weapons and hope that someday, in my lifetime, they will be accompanied by a lightsaber sidearm for close-combat.

2 comments:

Stack said...

The 2nd Amendment covers laser weapons, right? Because I want one.

Ump said...

How did I know that comment was coming? Ah heck, I want one too.