Friday, May 12, 2006

Mass Effect

Bioware is my favorite video game developer. They made Knights of the Old Republic, which is probably my favorite game ever. I've played that game for over 100 hours easily. During the Christmas break when I first had a chance to play I only took a break to eat, sleep, and let Andy have a turn. It has three of the best Star Wars characters ever in it: Jolee Bindo, Canderous Ordo, and HK-47, who is himself possibly the best SW character ever. Most of the movie characters aren't near as cool as these guys. They also made the game Jade Empire which I'm also a big fan of. It's nearly as addictive as KOTR even though I wouldn't be as inclined to be interested. Great game. Both games were widely considered the RPGs of the year when they came out.

So where's the news? Bioware is releasing a new game, Mass Effect, on the Xbox 360. Which is bad news in a way: it's going to suck up many hours of my life and many dollars out of my pocket to buy a 360. Sigh. But I don't think I've ever been so excited about a video game. You can see a trailer and pics at IGN, where this pic is from.

No comments: