Friday, May 12, 2006

HK-47 Quotes

I don't think I really explained how cool HK-47 is in my previous post about Mass Effect. You really need some examples of his dark humor to really appreciate him. So, here's some quotes:

HK-47: Statement: HK-47 is ready to serve, master.
Revan: You don't need to call me master, you know.
HK-47: Query: Don't I? I was under the assumption that organic meatbags such as yourself enjoyed such forms of address.
Revan: "Organic meatbags?"
HK-47: Retraction: Did I say that out loud? I apologize, master. While you are a meatbag, I suppose I should not call you as such.
Revan: You just called me a meatbag again!
HK-47: Explanation: It's just that... you have all these squishy parts, master. And all that water! How the constant sloshing doesn't drive you mad, I have no idea...
Revan: Neither do I, come to think of it...
HK-47: Statement: Now do you understand the travails of my existence, master? Surely it does not compare to your existence, but still...
Revan: I survive. Somehow.
HK-47: Commentary: As do I. It is our lot in life, I suppose, master. Shall we find something to kill to cheer ourselves up?

HK-47: Can I break his neck now master? It's been a long time fantasy of mine...
Revan: Maybe later...
HK-47: Did you hear that meatbag? "I'LL BE BACK!"

[Speaking with a Jawa who refers to 'Ghosts in the desert']
HK-47: Explanation: Two per cent probability that the miniature organic is simply looking for trouble and needs to be blasted. That may be wishful thinking on my part, master.

HK-47: Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

Additional Voices: There's something out there... it got the other submersible already.
HK-47: Suggestion: Perhaps we could dismember the organic? It would make it easier for transport to the surface.
Additional Voices: Hey! Y-you... you can't rip me to pieces! I'll die!!
HK-47: Amendment: I did forget that. Stupid, frail, non-compartmentalized meatbags!

HK-47: Suggestion: Electrocution work well. Evisceration and Decapitation are also effective, or, um, so I've heard.

HK-47: Statement: HK-47 is ready to serve, master. Observation: Notice that I did not ask if you need anyone killed. You may be curious as to why. Answer: That is because you told me to stop asking if you needed anyone killed. So I have. From now on, I will simply say, "I am ready to serve." Yes, ready to serve. In whatever way a common protocol or utility droid might serve. It seems that is my lot in life. Not to kill.

HK-47: Statement: Pain is really the only reliable means by which truth may be obtained. Or so I choose to believe.


I'm not sure that does him justice, but it's a start. You can here him in another quote here. Also, here's a Jolee Bindo quote, just for kicks:

Jolee Bindo: I guess you could say I did it all for the Wookiees.
Revan: The Wookiees?
Jolee Bindo: The Wookiees!

No comments: