Monday, May 15, 2006

Around the NFL

Some news from around the NFL:

-The Dolphins have signed Marcus Vick. Mark my words, the Fish will regret this move before the end. Marcus hasn't changed, but he's suckered some people in. Of course if Nick Saban takes a fall, I can't say it will hurt my feelings much.

-The Lions have re-signed Jeff Backus, their best lineman. Took them long enough to make the right move.

-Doug Flutie has decided to retire. If you can't go out on top, I can't think of a better way to leave than that drop-kick.

-Joey Porter has plans to be an idiot. To the president. Because apparently winning the Super Bowl and going to the White House for a celebration earns you the right to have a one-on-one complaint session. Running your mouth to reporters is one thing, to the president is something else entirely. I hope his ego is actually this big and some Secret Service agents take him down. Moron.

2 comments:

Ump said...

Nice grammer Joey.

"I feel like we definitely was the best football team."

Isn't it, "I feel like we definitely WERE the best football team?"

Then again, I could be wrong. It just sounded weird.

Stack said...

You're right. Not to mention "feel like definitely" is rather awkward.