Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thoughts on The Dark Knight Rises

Some non-spoilery thoughts on The Dark Knight Rises:

-The film is intense. It's a long film (164 min), but it doesn't let up the whole time. It's also pretty dark, fairly similar in tone to The Dark Knight.

-The music is probably more intense than the film itself. Hans Zimmer is the man.

-There were more nods to the comic than I would have expected. Also more twists than I would have expected.

-No post-credit sequence, if you're wondering.

-Bane works well as the villain, though he's not as good as the Joker.

-Anne Hathaway was very good as Catwoman.

-I thought Office Blake, played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt, would feel like a tacked-on character, but he's important to the story and fits in seamlessly.

-Batman's new vehicle, the Bat, is awesome.

-I can't imagine this will make as much money as Avengers. It's a great movie, but it's pretty heavy. I will definitely see it again in IMAX though, and I may end up seeing it again before the weekend is over.

No comments: